[pct-l] Bear Canisters on the PCT - FYI

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 16:13:42 CDT 2010

I used them from Kennedy Meadows to Sonora Pass, and don't think they are
required anywhere south of that.  Maybe someone can enlighten us all.  Where
there were obvious signs of Bear activity, such as Joshua Tree Spring, and I
didn't have a bear can, I moved on and stealth camped elsewhere, and used
proper hanging technique.  If you do use them in the South, definitely
bounce them to KM, or where ever you think you'll need it again.  2lbs is
2lbs.

Shroomer

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 1:54 PM, John Abela <pacificcresttrail2011 at gmail.com