[pct-l] Bikers on the PCT

ecpg at peoplepc.com ecpg at peoplepc.com
Mon Oct 25 10:34:52 CDT 2010

The WIlderness Steward program through our local Forest Service trains
volunteers whose purpose is to educate trail users and also to report people
who are misusing the forest.

We don't write tickets but if there is a problem area the employees can do
what is approriate to stop things from continuing. This program is available
in many forests, under slightly different names. This comes under the
heading of giving back.

I work mostly on the Ramona Falls/PCT trails. Not too many bikes but every
once in a while someone will get stupid.

Carolyn Eddy
"Sweet Goat Mama"