[pct-l] Bikes on the PCT

carol bruno carolwbruno at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 23 13:13:44 CDT 2010

Just returned from hiking a segment of section C and  was practically overrun by
a biker on the trail.  This was my first encounter with a mountain biker on the
PCT, and it brought to mind the extensive posts that were written recently.  I
thought they had over-stated the audacity of the bikers, but apparently not.  I
was on a very narrow trail and had to step on a rock overhanging the ridge in
order for him to pass.  The rider did not slow down at all and expected me and
my husband to defer to him.  It was not only a rude encounter but especially
hazardous for us.  Argh!!!  Can'tquit