[pct-l] Format of the PCT-L?

Alexey Vronsky alexey.vronsky at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 02:38:25 CDT 2010

Just for an example, I have quickly created a community on reddit at
http://www.reddit.com/r/pct/. (Will turn over moderator position if people
like this)

I posted two sample posts and a few replies. For the lurkers out there, you
do not need to do anything to browse. In order to post, you need to create a
user name. You can add additional privacy settings to the pct page if you do
not want it to be viewed publicly, but I see no reason to do that. I
personally would like to be able to quickly check in on the PCT-L while on
the go.

There are voting arrows adjacent to the post title. If the post hits on
something of great interest or relevance to the group, it is gradually voted
to the top. The more popular a post, the easier it will be for people to
see. Thought the PCTL is a pretty small group so I don't imagine anything
going unnoticed.

On reddit there is also a whole community at
http://www.reddit.com/r/CampingandHiking/ or
http://www.reddit.com/r/hiking/ you
should look at.

It is all very intuitive. Hope this clarifies.

--Alexey