[pct-l] John Muir Trail...voted No. 1 trail in America

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Wed Oct 20 11:39:26 CDT 2010

  Hi gang,
The November issue of Backpacker Magazine has again voted my baby the
"JOHN  MUIR  TRAIL"  the No.1 trail in America and the " ESCALANTE
ROUTE " in the Grand Canyon No. 2.
This gives me great satisfaction since I have hiked both extensively
over the last 35+ years and consider them
to be two of our "Grand Jewel" trails.
This year marked my 11th JMT thru.
The scenery just absolutely blows you away.

They are like a beautiful woman and once bitten forever hooked.
I guess, that is why I keep coming back for more, year after year, over
the last 35+ years and why I am known as
"JMT Reinhold"  in the Sierra and "The Canyon Rat" in the Grand Canyon.
I have already told my wife to scatter my ashes on the JMT & in the
Grand Canyon so I can be with my babies for all eternity.

JMT Reinhold
Your hopelessly in love with the JMT trail companion