[pct-l] Old PCT route

Sue Kettles sue.kettles at comcast.net
Thu Oct 7 17:38:20 CDT 2010

I was reading an old guidebook for Columbia Gorge hiking - written in 1980
by Don and Roberta Lowe- says in the Dog Mountain hike description that "the
Dog Mountain Trail also is the route of the PCT that is in the process of
being relocated to the west so backpackers following the route won't have
the long highway walk from the Bridge of the gods."  Isn't that interesting.
I hike Dog Mt. often and never knew that. So, does anyone out there remember
hiking Dog Mt as the PCT portion when they did their thru hike?

Sue