[pct-l] Emergency Devices

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 30 14:08:39 CST 2010

sorry i misunderstood,  only thing i know about specific sat phones is they cost
like 3$ a minute.  i saw one plan that was 6.25$ a minute.

works just like a cell phone,  you'd have to be able to relay your coordinates
with some other device,  have a Garmin and tell them over the phone.  obviously
if you've fallen and you're hurt this a lot harder than simply pressing 'SOS' on
a spot beacon.

now a PLB has an additional function it has a radio so when they are within 5
ish miles they can actually hone in on your exact location, but in my
expeiriences the downside was never worth the up.

~Paul