[pct-l] Temp Ratings To Shoot For

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 30 11:26:20 CST 2010

I dont knwo where you live,

but whenever i find a good night where it's going to be about what i am shooting
for  (20 to 25F) i sleep outside.  even if it's in your backyard,  or maybe a
weekend at a state park,   nothing will help you like actually being in those
temps and trying them out.  i've slept out 70 nights this year so i know what i
need for different temps.  obviously it's getting in most places too cold to
actually prep for the PCT  (was 11F here) but you can watch the weather and if a
weekend is going to be the right temps, head on out to your local park and try
it for a night or two.  even 10 nights outside will put you 100 times ahead of
where you are with no nights in your PCT gear.

~Paul