[pct-l] Cross Country Driving

Kevin hikelite at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 01:35:47 CST 2010

Flagstaff will likely have snow then. It's about the same as the area around Albuquerque. I-40 is usually fine though. Unless there is an active storm, you will be fine. You might try to plan to come through Flag during the day. At night, the water from melting snow can freeze on the hey making it hazardous. Just plan to take your time if needed. Don't be in a hurry at the expense of safety.

I'm not really sure about water on that section, but I lived in SD for about ten years. I got snowed on during a bike ride one year. I can't recall the peak we rode up to, but I recall we could see Mexico and were a little surprised by the snow. What's my point? It will be COLD! Dress warm and have a blast. :)

Sent from my iPhone4