[pct-l] Cross Country Driving

Sean 'Miner' Nordeen sean at lifesadventures.net
Mon Nov 29 20:16:33 CST 2010

It depends on how many hours you want to drive each day.  As a kid, my family usually took 3 days to drive across I-40 between Charlotte, NC and Los Angeles, CA.  Winter snow can be an issue in New Mexico especially near Albuquerque.  Similarly I can remember issues in Arizona near Flagstaff.  In New Mexico, I can remember once watching the big trucks lined up at the top of a hill going one at a time hoping to keep enough traction in the snow to make the long climb on the other side of the valley.  Just keep an eye on the weather report and go through when the weather is sunny or have chains.  Or turn south and take the warmer I-10.

-Miner