[pct-l] Thinking about doing PCT next year and seeking a potential partner.

Ryan randolph at mindsync.com
Sat Nov 20 03:46:41 CST 2010

Hello all,

I've been thinking about doing the entire PCT next year. I'm not dead
set on it yet, but I know it's something I want to do in my lifetime.
I'd be interested in finding a potential partner that would fit well
with me.  I'm not looking for someone to be wedded to where we have to
cling to eachother. I'm just looking for someone to watch my back as I
watch theirs, and if anything more than that comes from it then it can,
but it's not necessary.  If one of us breaks an ankle, the other's only
obligation would be to help get the person with the broken ankle to
civilization.

I'm 28 and living in northern California. The longest trip I've gone on
was a week, and I'm not in good enough shape to manage the journey at
the moment, but I've got some time to get that way. I don't have a ton
of experience backpacking, but I am tough, I am willing, and only
serious injury or sickness will stop me from making it if I dedicate
myself to it.

I am looking for someone that doesn't need to talk all the time, that
realizes that the trip is going to be brutal at times and knows they can
handle it.   I wouldn't mind someone with more experience than I, but
it's not necessary.  The most important factor is if we get along or
not, and the only way to find that out is to converse a while. So feel
free to contact me at randolph at mindsync.com if you're interested.