[pct-l] Big Gear Gathering and Ruck

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Fri Nov 12 17:32:06 CST 2010

Yes, once again, Switchback, has cheated  death.  This time at the big Gear
Gathering at Tom's Farm just off I15  between San Diego and LA today.
Warner Springs Monty, Manyon Ed, Crash and  myself were the hosts.

I want to thank the scores of people who  came from San Diego and LA to the
Gathering.  It was a big  success.  Warner Springs Monty collected lots of
gear for his backpacking  classes and for those who cannot afford gear.
Tents, backpacks, bags,  bottles, etc., etc., etc. were collected.  All for a
good  cause.

For awhile it looked like the April  Kickoff on a Saturday.  People were
milling around and getting in and out  of vehicles.  The parking lots were
almost full.

Faithfully and accurately reported.   Your obedient servant.

Switchback the  Trail Pirate.
"May the forest be with  you."