[pct-l] planning priorities

Austin Williams austinwilliams123 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 15:50:56 CST 2010

I also bought in bulk.  I chose to go with the pouches instead of the cans
(I found it was a lot less work).  If I were you I'd check the price
difference between Mountain House on ebay and freeze dried foods at survival
acres.

I liked survival Acres too, but they may take a while to ship (they said
they were backlogged due to fears of global food scarcity or something).

In the end I found an ebay seller that was cheaper, offered free shipping,
and shipped immediately.  Here's a link to her ebay store:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5574887679&toolid=10001&campid=5336520114&customid=&icep_item=230548078475&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg

This seller will let you modify your order (say you want more cases of
dinner meals and less cases of fruits and veggies.... she'll do that for
you).

When I bought, this seller on ebay was cheaper than survival acres.... but
things might have changed.  I'd check for yourself to be sure!

No matter who you buy through though, you won't be disappointed that you
bought freeze dried.  You can't beat the weight and flavor.

I would, however, recommend that you don't bring ONLY freeze dried.  Freeze
dried every meal of the day does get old... even when you have a huge
variety of it.  Just some thoughts from my experience.  :)

Hope it helps,

--
Austin Williams

www.PlanYourHike.com
Info on PCT gear, resupply points, maps, movies, etc.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway."
-John Wayne