[pct-l] Keeping a trail journal

Ellen Shopes igellenig at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 12:38:50 CST 2010

There're lots of way to do this.
The 2 established web sites are Postholer.com and Trailjournals.com.  or you
could design your own web site.
Portable devices, like smart phones or the Peek, work well on the trail.
Phone service varies with the provider and your location.  I would usually
journal in the evening in bag; others boot their system up when the
connection may be good and send entries then.  Some people get on line in
towns to journal; this breaks into your rest time, but works for some.
Finally, some send their journal to someone at home to post the entries for
the hiker.
It was sometimes a pain to journal each day...when I was tired or hungry or
it was gettin dark.  It did leave me a nice record of our experiences to
remember the trail, and allowed family and friends to expeience the trail
with us.
Elderly Ellen