[pct-l] Campo to Warner Springs

jape1 at cox.net jape1 at cox.net
Fri Nov 12 09:16:41 CST 2010

I presume you're planning a late November-December hike?

If so, bear in mind that you'll only be having about 11 hours of daylight to work with.  Deduct a hour a day to break camp, and an hour to setup and dine, and a third hour during the day for rest stops and water duty, and you'll be working with an eight hour day.

At two miles per hour, the 56 total hiking hours would give you enough time to cover the 110 miles of section A.  Just.  This doesn't take into account blisters, resupplies, beers on the porch at Mt. Laguna, pie in Julian, inclement weather, yada yada.

Warning: Section A Nag Note:
as one who lives and hikes section A, be advised that October through December is when all our big fires seem to start.  The winds are howling up into the mountains from the deserts and the foliage is as dry as old cow bones.  The legality of it aside, please give real consideration before lighting a campfire.

Other than that, it's a great time to hike this section.

eckert