[pct-l] Bikes on PCT- alternative enforcement idea

Sean 'Miner' Nordeen sean at lifesadventures.net
Fri Nov 5 23:41:55 CDT 2010

>So maybe we can do something like this.  Set up concealed cameras where
>there are frequent violations and see if we can identify people and
>vehicles.

Do you really need to hide to film them?  The only bike riders I physically came accross on my 2009 hike was just after Cutthroat Pass while it was snowing.  I guess they figured no one was crazy enough to hike in that weather so they were doing a 20+mile section to Hart's Pass.  They rode past us on the the downhill but I past some of them having trouble riding the next uphill in the snow.  At the top of Methow Pass, two of them rode right past my HD camcorder that was on a rock while I was filming myself hiking in the almost foot deep snow. No hiding or hidden camera required.

-Miner