[pct-l] Mt Jefferson Wilderness photos

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Thu Nov 4 14:45:55 CDT 2010

*Deems,
Great Mt. Jefferson Wilderness photos.
Like always, your photographic skill is without equal, as it is in all
your galleries.
I am especially fond of your  "The High Sierra...John Muire's Range of
Light"  gallery.
After all,.....the JMT is my baby.

JMT Reinhold

Deems* losthiker at sisqtel.net
<mailto:pct-l%40backcountry.net?Subject=%5Bpct-l%5D%20Mt%20Jefferson%20Wilderness%20photos&In-Reply-To=>
/Mon Nov 1 21:02:12 CDT 2010/

I first hiked into the Mt Jefferson Wilderness into Jefferson Park in Aug
1977, a skinny 22yr old with a huge Kelty pack. I returned again in Aug 2010
by hiking there the long way from Crater Lake NP, and ran into an
inconvenient fire closure in the Jeff Park. I returned on the Oct full moon
to hike that 15mile  trail closure during a hard and very rainy weekend, and
we hiked into the park on a trail that was a flowing river!  But we woke up
in the park the next day to an incredible clear sky, bitter cold
temperatures, no one anywhere, and ice everywhere! I won't wait 33 years
before I return again to this incredible place!
http://www.pbase.com/losthiker/root&view=recent  <http://www.pbase.com/losthiker/root&view=recent>