[pct-l] Wilderness Press Guides going out of print - Note from Jeff Schaffer

Mark Mathis trails66 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 00:53:02 CDT 2010

Also I noticed a new PCT guide coming in mid November...  guide book and
maps in 101 sections, one book, only 384 pages...

"A complete set of detailed maps and route description divided into 101
sections.  All the information needed to complete the trail in just one
volume.  With information for planning a short hike or a thru'-hike,
including advice on safety and equipment."

http://www.amazon.com/Pacific-Crest-Trail-Brian-Johnson/dp/1852845880/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I6Y10WAK70G60&colid=234N7IBNQE1QC

So it has the advantage of being 5 years or so more current, (possibly) but
much more concise - which could be good or bad depending on your point of
view I suppose...

Available mid November.  I still picked the Schaffer trio as mentioned
below, but just throwing this one out there in case anyone has seen any
"pre" copies.