[pct-l] Trail workers/thru-hikers

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Nov 2 16:16:25 CDT 2010

On Nov 2, 2010, at 12:14 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:
> I want to give them a gift in ADDITION to my expressions of gratitude.

I did a section hike in the Liebres last spring and there happened to
be a trail working crew there at Sawmill camp. They were looking for
thru-hikers to invite to dinner and a campfire. They let me hang out
even though I wasn't a thru-hiker.

 From talking with them for a while, I'm pretty certain that if they
were to choose any gift under the sun, what they would probably like
most of all is a donation to the PCTA so that they can do more
volunteer work trips like this.

Diane