[pct-l] PCT Walker Pass Food Ruck - 5 Days

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sun May 30 21:04:43 CDT 2010

The Incredible Bulk wrote: I'm sure the ruck will be fun for all. Sorry to miss it. On the subject of
gourmet meals, Sharrel and I have just finished dinner at Seasons in Lone Pine. Switchback, you are right, it's a very good restaurant.
Switchback replies: Yes, those who miss the Walker Pass Food Ruck (June 3-6) will be gnashing their teeth.  They will dream of grommet hiker foods dancing in their heads.  They will dream of full hiker bellies and satisfied thirsts.  They will dream of that gnawing hiker hunger pain being vanquished by food overload at the Ruck.  Those who attend the Ruck will become legends with the Class of 2010.  Hikers will look at them in awe.  "You were actually at the Ruck?  Wow, you are my hero.  I want to be like you.  I want to hang with you.  You are cool.  I know you will make it to Canada."

Actually, I have begin to wonder if I have over done this marketing thing.  I wonder if I will have to go into Ridgecrest and get more food at the Ruck.  Bummer.  I will then admonish myself to keep my big mouth shut next year.  But I won't,  Go figure.