[pct-l] oregon pct in June

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Mon May 24 23:02:35 CDT 2010

Nate wrote:

No, you're not crazy.  I hiked from Siskiyou Summit to Seiad Valley late
last June.  While this was a good two weeks after your proposed hike date, I
think your experiences along this stretch will be similar to mine.

Well . . . two weeks in June can make a HUGE difference in the amount of
snow on the ground.  I don't have first-hand knowledge of what the snowpack
is like in Oregon this year but yeah, I'd expect there to still be a lot of
snow on the ground around June 11th.  The northwest got a lower-than-normal
snowfall this winter but it's been a pretty cold and snowy spring so far.
Plan for lower mileage.

Eric