[pct-l] Follow-up to the earlier GPS discussion

Yoshihiro Murakami completewalker at gmail.com
Thu May 20 19:28:58 CDT 2010

Good morning. (9:00 a.m., JPN )

I am an user of Map60 Csx. I cannot hike without it.  The reason is as follows:
1. The ability of GPS is superior than me.  The error of location is
within a several meters.
2. The GPS works precisely as far as  AA batterirs works. But human
brain frequently fail to decide the present location when fatigue,
hypothermia, rainy day, snowy condition, etc.
3. The GPS plays an important role, when we make a cross country
sidetrip ( sightseeing trip ). When we hike on the trail, the
localization is easy, and the necessity of GPS is small. But when we
are off tail, it suddenly became difficult to recognize the present
location.
4. When we know the present location precisely, we feel security, and
we can make important decidions rightly. So, I think the GPS will play
an important role to reduce the hikers tragedy.

I had combined the topo and city maps of the whole California, as I
had already posted. Its a great pleasure to see my exact location in
the electronic map of the GPS.

--
Sincerely
Hiro    ( Yoshihiro Murakami )