[pct-l] Ultralight tent recs for 2 person thru hike

Lisa Freathy rainorshinecamper at yahoo.com
Wed May 19 11:48:05 CDT 2010

I have the Big Agnes Seedhouse SL2 and I LOVE it!!! Great when I am solo with plenty of room for my pack inside, but also works well with me and my hubby (neither of us are small folks) or w/me and a friend.

I am planning my thru hike for next year and will be hiking solo so won't need a 2 man tent so I am considering taking the new Big Agnes Fly Creek. I am having a hard time with the idea of hiking without my SL2 as I love it so much, but it just doesn't make sense for me to carry a 2 man tent on my thru hike.

I was reading a blog from Bones, a 2010 thru hiker I met at the Southern Terminus and he just went through a night of 80 mile per hour winds in the San Jacintos where 3 of the 5 tents were destroyed/snapped by the winds. His tent was one of the two that made it through the night and I was thrilled to see in his photo he has a Big Agnes Seedhouse... makes me love it even more.

Can't wait to meet you and your boyfirend on the trail next year!!
 Lisa

"Keep close to Nature's heart... and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean."
~ John Muir