[pct-l] Pct-l Digest, Vol 29, Issue 76

Blanchard, Sym (GT&D) SWB3 at pge.com
Tue May 18 16:37:48 CDT 2010

Jackalope,

I think Katy's comment "So maybe you better keep that horse's mouth
closed..." would be considered rude by most people.  (but obviously not
all).

No, I would not be grateful if someone gave me a case of beer so I could
do a 24x24x24.  Or a carton of cigars so I can stoke up.  Or a bunch of
junk food, when my body is desperately craving the nutrition that I have
missed since my last resupply.  Or a pint of whiskey. Most of us are not
groveling squirrels or pigeons jumping after every crumb anyone wants to
throw at us.  Most of us are successful people enjoying our hike in the
present moment and not salivating at a bunch of junk food at the end of
the hike.  We hikers are not  all not destitute and uneducated.  Please
show us more respect than that

If I knew that the Big Walker Pass Food Ruck was just a junk food
festival with exclusionary judgmental people, then I would gladly pass
it by.

However, it does appear from the emails below that there will be healthy
alternatives at this festival and that the people will be generally very
decent.

Thanks,
Symbiosis