[pct-l] Washington Section K - PCT vs Detour

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Thu May 13 20:25:21 CDT 2010

On May 11, 2010, at 9:23 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> From: Tom Griffin <griffin at u.washington.edu>
> The Napequa Valley is one of the most
> beautiful places in my home state--so trudging over Little Giant
> has its
> rewards. To see photos, check out my PCT 2005 trip report:
>
> http://staff.washington.edu/griffin/pct2005/daysix.html

I read your entire trip report. Do you have any more of these? I
really enjoyed your pictures and write-up.

Washington is so beautiful. It is so different from what I am used
to. The beauty continues to haunt me. It seems amazing to me that I
was ever there. Like a dream. Nowadays I just thrash around in dry
foxtails and get scratched up by mean plants on trails that are
rarely maintained. Look at this crazy trip on the non-existent
"Condor Trail." This is my stomping ground. I hiked some of this on
my way to the PCT last year.
http://picasaweb.google.com/AvocadoHunter/CondorTrailSpring2010

Diane

Books I've written: