[pct-l] JMT Dates 2011

-Mountain Goat- themtgoat at yahoo.com
Thu May 13 16:40:15 CDT 2010

>Looking ahead, what is considered the best window of time to start a N-S JMT thru-hike?  thnx

If your not on a thru hike, on trying to catch thru hikers, then Probably
mid July on. That way, Snow would be at a minimum.

If your trying to catch thru hikers, or if you want to go as early as possible,
then I would go with....Jun23 or later. Donner Pass in Yosemite, is lower, but
not much lower, and Silver and Muir passes, come up quickly after that. So I would
go with no earlier than June 23. It really depends on how much snow
you want to deal with, in the end...

-Mountain Goat-