[pct-l] Walker Pass Food Ruck Flag

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Wed May 12 07:37:42 CDT 2010

As a service to the hiking community and with permission of Manyon Ed, I will be flying the Pirate Flag at the food pavilion June 3-6.  This way you can see the location easily from the trail as you approach Walker Pass.

I have been thinking of what super good donuts and rolls I should get for the Ruck.  I know a bakery that has excellent donuts, etc.  I have noticed over the years the great popularity of donuts and rolls among hikers --- they go after them like bees to honey.  I like the exotic flavored varieties; strawberry, chocolate with icing, large cinnamon rolls, orange glazed, buttermilk, donut holes, etc.

I have two issues. How to keep them fresh for several days and how many do I get.  I think I might go to mean old Wal-Mart and get some super large ZipLock bags to enclose the boxes to keep them fresh.  That might work well.  The next question is how many donuts/rolls should I get.  I will have to work out some type of mathematical formula to figure this out.

On second thought, may be I should forget this whole idea.  After hundreds of trail miles, these trail harden veterans probably do not need donuts, etc.  They have risen above that kind of food.  Their systems are attuned to nutritious and Spartan foods.  Donuts and rolls would be an insult and beneath their standards.  I would be ridiculed and shamed for my effort throughout the hiking community.  Yes, this is a bad idea.  Forget it.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

Nutritiously,

Switchback the Trail Pirate and Donut Man

=