[pct-l] Spintex .97 vs. Silnylon 1.35

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Wed May 12 08:00:39 CDT 2010

I have a spinnaker tent and a silnylon tent and I like the spinnaker
better. It is less saggy. It might flap more loudly in wind, but
after a while it does get softer and less noisy.

Personally I would choose the largest bug shelter possible. There
were plenty of nights and evenings where it was too hot to use my
sleeping bag as lower body protection. I needed to be able to lay out
without long pants or insulation on to cool off, or some nights I
needed to stick a foot or arm out to not get overheated. I am female,
though, and women are known to prefer large bug shelters.

On May 12, 2010, at 12:07 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Spintex .97 vs. Silnylon 1.35

Books I've written:
~ Piper's Flight