[pct-l] Sierra Snow Depth/ Sierra entry date.

-Mountain Goat- themtgoat at yahoo.com
Thu May 6 15:35:55 CDT 2010

A few days ago, I wanted to know the current Sierra entry date from Kennedy Meadows.
Using the Current snow level (last week), I figured to get Upper Tyndal Creek from 24" to
0" would take about 3.5 weeks. Or about June 23rd (using the snow melt rate of 2008).

I know almost everybody who is doing the PCT has started, but for anyone on the side
lines, I suggest an entry date of the Sierra of June23rd plus or minus a day or two.

FYI, Snow in Northern CA, where I am is about 148% of normal, but by the time the wave
gets here, it should be mostly melted by the Summer heat. This does mean, water should be plentiful.  If you come early, it could be post-hole fun...

Good luck to all...

-Mountain Goat-
PCT 2005