[pct-l] water purification

Trekker4 at aol.com Trekker4 at aol.com
Wed May 5 19:25:35 CDT 2010

It is much easier - Id say about 3 min/qt,  including getting it out,
fiddlng w/bottles, & filling bottles. No purifier  can beat that, no matter what
they say; I've tried them all. All others also  clog, slowly at least.
    The Steripen is half the weight of a purifier, but  there are 3
caveats:  1. Always use lithium batteries (12 pk at Sams  or probably Costco for
about $20).  2. NEVER GET THE BATTERY COMPARTMENT  GASKET WET; if h2o gets in
the glass tube, it WILL quit working.  3. Don't  buy any model but the
Classic; the others use a less than common  battery, and the cost per gallon is
higher and the battery is $10 at WalMart.

Been using one since '05,
Bob  "Trekker"
Big Bend Desert Denizen, and...
Naturalized Citizen - Republic  of Texas

"Government cripples you, then hands you a crutch and says,  'See, if it
wasn't for us, you couldn't walk.' " -- Harry Browne

"If you  think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it
costs when its  free." -- P J O'Rourke

In a message dated 5/5/2010 11:13:21 A.M. Central Daylight Time,