[pct-l] Protecting your food from bears

Steve McAllister brooklynkayak at gmail.com
Sun May 2 23:44:08 CDT 2010

>    The bottom line is this:  If you want to discourage bears from coming
> into your camps and trying to get your food you must eliminate the SMELL of
> the food.  No matter what kind of

I agree in theory and I do use the no scent liners, but as soon as you
handle food and then the scent liner, you end up with scent on the exterior
of the scent proof bag.

It is very hard not to totally block the scent. Using the mothballs with an
Ursack has worked for my as the scent of food is weak and the mothballs
makes it less attractive to a hungry critters.

Others may have different experiences.

--
"His eyes were cold.  As cold as the bitter winter snow that was falling
outside.  Yes, cold and therefore difficult to chew..."