[pct-l] Snow

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Wed Mar 31 12:04:04 CDT 2010

Yes,
And don't tell the "Ski Bums" we are getting to much snow.
Ski Bums love snow.....the more the better.
The good news....it's been snowing at Mammoth the last couple of day and
is way above average.
The bad news......I can't go.....Karen (my wife) is recovering from knee
surgery (2 days ago) to repair injury she suffered on our last ski
trip.......her ski season is over for the year.
My skiing buddies are going again.....''without me''....BUMMER.

I say.........''LET  IT  SNOW''.........THE  SKI  SEASON  AIN'T  OVER
YET.........besides, my hiking season has not started yet.

Hikers, that are nervous about the snow,  perhaps should not go, or take
Ned's  snow course before they go.

JMT Reinhold
Yeeeeehaaa......your ski bumming trail companion
------------------------------------
AsABat wrote:
And, we're not really getting that much snow. Statewide we're at 104
percent of average, with northern Cal at 122%. It's not unusual to have
snow in Tahoe this time of year. (For that matter, I've seen snowstorms
in the Sierra in August.) Don't tell the farmers we're getting way too
much rain this year. Don't tell my friends who have removed large orange
groves because their water allocations were severely cut. Don't tell the
farmers in the San Joaquin Valley (which grows a very large part of
America's food) who have fallowed half or more of their fields. Don't
tell the farmworkers there who are out of work, resulting in stores
closing for lack of customers with money, resulting in FORTY percent
unemployment in some towns. And don't tell the schoolchildren I met who
were hungry because mom and dad weren't working in the fields, who told
of friends that were even worse off, so hungry and with no shoes that
fit that they couldn't go to school. Yes, in America. California needs
water, and snow. The Sierra snowpack is California's largest water
reservoir. AsABat