[pct-l] Snow

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Wed Mar 31 11:05:26 CDT 2010

And, we're not really getting that much snow. Statewide we're at 104
percent of average, with northern Cal at 122%. It's not unusual to have
snow in Tahoe this time of year. (For that matter, I've seen snowstorms in
the Sierra in August.)

Don't tell the farmers we're getting way too much rain this year. Don't
tell my friends who have removed large orange groves because their water
allocations were severely cut. Don't tell the farmers in the San Joaquin
Valley (which grows a very large part of America's food) who have fallowed
half or more of their fields. Don't tell the farmworkers there who are out
of work, resulting in stores closing for lack of customers with money,
resulting in FORTY percent unemployment in some towns. And don't tell the
schoolchildren I met who were hungry because mom and dad weren't working
in the fields, who told of friends that were even worse off, so hungry and
with no shoes that fit that they couldn't go to school. Yes, in America.

California needs water, and snow. The Sierra snowpack is California's
largest water reservoir.

AsABat