[pct-l] Western Mountaineering sleeping bag - clumpy?

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Wed Mar 31 09:10:18 CDT 2010

Is the down in a Western Mountaineering sleeping bag supposed to be
clumpy? I have a Go-lite Ultra 20 quilt and if I set it out and wait
a few minutes, it fluffs up. All the down is fluffy. The Western
Mountaineering bag doesn't seem to do that. The down is clumpy and
doesn't seem to fluff up. It seems stuck together. It doesn't even
really feel like down to me. It's a 30 degree model. Should we send
it back? Can it be sent back if it was slept in one night?

Diane

Books I've written:
~ Piper's Flight
~ Adventure and Magic