[pct-l] tent decision: Squall Classic or Lunar Solo

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Tue Mar 30 10:10:26 CDT 2010

Here's my attempt to answer for the LS; haven't tried the Squall Classic.

I seam-sealed my LS before using, so I can't say if it leaks without it.  So far, it hasn't leaked, either from the floor, the seams, or touching the tent itself from the inside.  What it DOES do, and this is a characteristic of all silnylon, is collect condensation.  I deal with this by trying to rig the tent to get maximum airflow around the bottom edge - by rigging it taut and propping up wit h sticks at the tent stake points.  If it's not raining, opening the vestible cover helps also.  I have learned to bring the camp towel inside to bed, so I can wipe it down in the morning before rubbing up against it.  I'm 6 ft. tall, so there's not much room to sit up w/out touching the tent somewhere.

The more I use it, the more I like it.  Good luck.

Mango