[pct-l] Photos and Media Storage

Roger Binschus roger_pct at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 29 14:40:49 CDT 2010

I am curious what other thru-hikers do when it comes to preserving the data of the photo's taken along the trail.

For example, last hike I had a small point and shoot camera, and the resolution wasn't that great, so with a few Memory Cards I was able to make it through with the occasional stop at photo-shops to transfer Data to CDs.

This time around I was planning on using a portable CD burner that another hiker used last time, but I just discovered it no longer works. I have a better camera, which has larger image-file sizes now, and need to figure out what my best options are. What are tricks that some people use to preserve their data?

Thank you,
Psycho