[pct-l] Thru-Wallet Experience

Matthew Edwards hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Sun Mar 28 18:31:45 CDT 2010

I want to relate my real experience last year. Originally I had planned to avoid the Kick Off. I had visions of crowds and a flea market atmosphere. I ended up at ADZPCTKO by the "fate of the trail".
What I found was a laid back low key enviroment. I was never asked to buy anything.
 Although in fact I did, after looking at it, buy an Anti Gravity Gear stove setup.. Shootout bought a Western Mountaineering Hooded down Jacket(after I rubbed my 100 mile stink into it.). Nobody pushed us into it.
They happened to be far superior articles to those that we had brought, we had the money, we wanted to upgrade.
Maybe this IS the provebial "slippery slope" but at least as far as my experience at ADZPCTKO 2009.. Nobody was pushing anything on anyone.
Personally I wished there were more vendors there.
I loved the caffeinated NUUN tablets the Leki rep had on sale... !!!!.... CAFFEINE!!! ARGH!!
I am sure everyones experience was different.
As far as mitigating the herd, I had left a week early and hitched back to KO from Warner Springs.
I think it is still possible for us to; "Have our cake and eat it too."
The Kick Off was a warm and memorable experience for me and that's why I will come back this year.
Cheers-Iceaxe
HikeStrong2010.com Benefits Cancer Research
Sent on the go from my Peek