[pct-l] Help needed to stock 3rd Gate Cache

AsABat asabat at 4jeffrey.net
Thu Mar 25 17:33:41 CDT 2010

The water source off trail at 3rd Gate is on private property, at a ranch
about 3 miles away. The water report gives explicit directions from Charlie,
including "BUT...The owner asks that hikers return to the trail (unless
there is a medical emergency). PERMISSION TO TAKE WATER IS NOT AN OPEN
INVITATION TO VISIT THE OWNER/EMPLOYEES, NOR TO CAMP ON THE RANCH ITSELF.
Respect the owner's property and NOT GO NEAR any pen with livestock for any
reason."

The water report does also mentions a cistern about a mile from the PCT.
I've only had one person told me they found water there, many others told me
it was more like a garbage dump.

AsABat