[pct-l] Help needed to stock 3rd Gate Cache

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Thu Mar 25 17:06:59 CDT 2010

On Mar 25, 2010, at 7:54 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> I just would prefer that the cache not be right on the trail.? A
> quarter mile off-trail would be so much nicer for those that
> consider these water caches an eye-sore.

Hey, that's a really good idea. I think I would have liked it better
if the big water caches were a little bit off trail. Not the surprise
coolers of soda, though. I like when those are on the trail.

I seem to recall that there was a water source off trail a mile or a
little more from the 3rd Gate. So technically, the cache isn't
actually needed.

Books I've written:
~ Piper's Flight
~ Adventure and Magic