[pct-l] Solar Charger - Powerfilm to Peek Pronto

Eugene Leafty atetuna at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 23 18:15:05 CDT 2010

So quick update.  The Powerfilm USB&AA charger seems to charge the 2000 mah
Sanyo Eneloop batteries quickly.  I haven't tested it from fully discharged
batteries, and may not be able to before I start my hike.  I did verify a
full charge according to my Lacrosse charger.

Charging the Peek Pronto is still being figured out.  When charging indoors
without any sunlight (charger folded up), sometimes it gives the Peek a
partial charge, and sometimes it seems to discharge the battery.  I called
Powerfilm up and found out that the 1 amp usb charging rate is with fully
charged AA batteries and with the charger out in the sun, so I'm testing
that setup right now.

Now charging my Motorola L6 cell phone has been unsuccessful...I think...at
least the phone doesn't show that it's charging when hooked up to the
Powerfilm, whereas the Peek always said it was charging.

Eugene