[pct-l] Cal Vet supply

Dan Africk danstheman at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 21:13:10 CDT 2010

Thanks Greg, that's a great resource to know about. They have all kinds of
antibiotics including cipro available without a prescription, and pretty
cheap too. I'd have to do some research comparing vet-quality to
human-quality drugs, but I suspect that they would be similar in terms of
safety and effectiveness.

I noticed in there bandaging section they sell teflon pads and vet wrap for
pretty good prices. I might start restocking my kits from here:

www.calvetsupply.com/category/Bandaging_Material/a

For those considering bringing superglue, Cal Vet also carres the vet
equivalent of dermabond, which is extremely expensive and I think requires a
prescription. I personally think that it's never a good idea to close a
wound in the field(because it's nearly impossible to completely clean it and
you may cause an infection), but if you're going to use a glue anyway, its
probably safer to use one designed for that purpose:

www.calvetsupply.com/product/GLUture_Topical_Tissue_Adhesive/Skin_Adhesives

--
www.hikefor.com/haiti-2010-Dan

--~--  www.HelpMeWeatherize.com  --~--