[pct-l] Antibiotics

Matthew Edwards hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Sun Mar 21 18:16:36 CDT 2010

The Doctor gave me Metronizadole for Giardiasis last year. This is the generic name for Flagyl. The normal course of treatment was 3 pills a day with meals for 7 days. It is crucial to continue the course of antibiotics even though symptoms may dissappear due to the possibility of the creating of antibiotic resistant strains of the parasite.
The most difficult part is you need a perscription to obtain Flagyl/Metronizadole. I was lucky enough to have such an acute case that the doc gave me a perscription without a bunch of tests and long waiting period.
It turns out I was still insured from my last job but did not know it so I paid cash for the visit $99 and perscription $9.
I also carried Benedryl to combat any possible alergic reaction to the antibiotic.
There was another antibiotic the doc originally perscribed that was 3 pills at $300 dollars but would only kill off the Giardia and not ALL the good bacteria as well.
Lucky for me Raley's pharmacy in S.Lake Tahoe only had the much cheaper Metronizadole.
Interestingly Metronizadole is also widely availiable from pet/aquarium stores as it is used to treat "Hole in the Head" disease in African Cichlid fish.
Of Course the antibiotic availiable at the fish store is NOT rated for human consumption. I would NOT recommend anyone use Metronizadole from the Pet store.. Just go see a doctor and explain what you need the antibiotic for.
Cheers-Iceaxe

HikeStrong2010.com Benefits Cancer Research
Sent on the go from my Peek