[pct-l] Antibiotics

Ellen Shopes igellen at comcast.net
Sun Mar 21 06:21:05 CDT 2010

Flagyl is the drug of choice for giardia.
Cipro is a good choice for wound infections.
You may (considering your age) want to consider something for dental
abscesses, usually Amoxicillin.  (Some may scoff at this, but when my
husband got an oral abscess in Nepal, it was pretty miserable stuff.  I've
carried an antibiotic for this ever since.)
A few tablets of a serious pain killer is not a bad idea (Vicodin,
Percocet).
When you go to get the prescriptions filled, take along some ziplock
baggies, and ask them to package them in the baggies.  With the baggies
legally labelled, there's no question what they are and why you are carrying
them.
EE