[pct-l] Some knowledge and advice needed

jason moores jmmoores at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 19 10:56:53 CDT 2010

Gideon,

I'll be on the trail by mid-May but I have plenty of time on my hands right now. If you would like, I'd be happy to answer any of your questions "off list", just send your questions to jmmoores at hotmail.com.

One way that you could get a good overview of trail conditions would be to read a few Trail Journals. Pick one or two from say '05 or '06(high snow year), an a couple from last year(below average snow but unexpected late season snow storms in the Sierra at the time that most thru hikers reached the area) and a few '08(below average year). Trail Journals are a valuable asset to anyone considering a long walk on the PCT.

jason