[pct-l] Section O California

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Thu Mar 18 17:13:23 CDT 2010

I agree Section O gets a bad rap. I enjoyed it. I felt like a Hobbit
in there. I really enjoyed that part where you are hiking on a
manzanita slope and the slope just plunges away to the left (was that
Grizzly Peak?). In the smoke of 08 it looked really dramatic. I loved
the fresh spring water I found in that section. I loved the forest
and was happiest there.

 From what I can tell, most people who were all paranoid of the
poison oak were mistaking squaw bush for poison oak. There is a lot
of poison oak, but there is also a lot of squaw bush. So people were
afraid of at least twice as much stuff as they needed to be.

Cuddles dared me to prove it was squaw bush and rub a piece on my
face. As soon as I found another patch of it to run my face with, I
turned and he was no longer behind me. I waited but he didn't turn
up. I rubbed it on my face. Never got a rash. Sorry nobody was there
to see the proof.

Diane

Books I've written:
~ Piper's Flight