[pct-l] Can't sleep

abiegen at cox.net abiegen at cox.net
Wed Mar 17 08:51:42 CDT 2010

One of the old timers that I hiked with told me that Chamise has a natural muscle relaxer in it. Chamise is the most common shrub in California so it is easy to find in the drier portions of the state. I take a few little leaves from the end of a branch, the younger and greener the better. I then soak it in hot water with honey or Equal to make a tea. Drink it up after a long day of hiking or working the trail. It seems to work for me, doesn't taste bad, and at least will not kill you.

More info here:

http://www.biosbcc.net/b100plant/htm/chamise.htm

TrailHacker