[pct-l] Using a GPS

Jim Keener ( J J ) pct2010 at ridgetrailhiker.com
Mon Mar 15 18:35:51 CDT 2010

Also in the dark.

I think I might have related this before: A friend and I summited Mount Shasta in 2003. I was, without doubt, the slowest climber on the mountain, and we were very late getting down. We lost our way in the dark. I had created a waypoint at the car. Loaded it, told my friend, "The car is two miles that-a-way. He was skeptical, but did not have a better plan. I was glad to have carried a GPS device all the way up and down Shasta. It didn't save our lives. We were better prepared than that, but it did get us to blueberry pie quicker than we would have gotten there otherwise. And blueberry pie is important.

Walk well,
Jim Keener ( J J )

jj at ridgetrailhiker.com

http://postholer.com/jj