[pct-l] New Umbrella

Sean 'Miner' Nordeen sean at lifesadventures.net
Thu Mar 11 13:51:02 CST 2010

> The Swing-light Flex umbrella looks like the Golite, but it is two
> Ounces lighter and the frame
> is made of fiberglass.  I love mine, they also make a collapsible one.

I think you have some out of date information about the Golite Chrome
Dome as it was redesigned a few years ago.  The Golite Chrome Dome's is
8oz  (a few years ago it use to be 10oz).  I have verified the one I
bought last year on my own scale at 7.8oz.  That isn't any different
then the 7.9oz quoted on AnitGravityGears website.  And the Golite is
fiberglass as well.  Everything about them is the same as far as I can
tell.  Here is a good description of the Golite:
http://www.prolitegear.com/golite_chrome_dome_umbrella.html

I stand by my statement that they are the same umbrella without the
Golite label etched on it.  And as I said before, there is nothing wrong
with that.  Buy which ever one that your preferred vendors sells when
you are ordering other stuff from them.

-Miner