[pct-l] mistakes I made while hiking the PCT

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Mar 9 15:44:59 CST 2010

Mistakes I made:
1) I bought motion control, stiff shoes and didn't burn them as soon
as I realized they hurt.
2) I let my now broken feet become a good excuse to leave the trail.
I couldn't really continue, but it bothered me that I left.
3) I let the mosquitoes of Oregon get to me. I think I did pretty
well with it over all, but I could have done better.
4) I let the wet brush and rain of Washington get to me. If I had
been able to manage that better my morale would have recovered from
the mosquitoes and I would have not struggled so much with wanting
the hike to be over with.
5) Sleeping with my camera. I broke it in the Glacier Peak wilderness
just before the very best of all the views.