[pct-l] Friend from Lake Tahoe to Truckee

evanaaron at juno.com evanaaron at juno.com
Mon Mar 8 23:07:44 CST 2010

Hey everyone.
I have a friend who would like to come join me for a section of the PCT. I am planning on arriving at Echo Lake mid may. Can someone comment on the conditions between Echo Lake and Truckee during this time? We will have plenty of time to make the trip and he should be able to bring lots of food so we should be starting with full packs at Echo Lake. We found the shuttle too which will bring him back from Truckee to Reno. Thought we would take about 5 days for this section? He does not have experience backpacking, that is important to note. Just confused on the exact condition of these miles. Thank you.
Evan